GPGMail: Buddy handling of multiple keys with the same e-mail-addr

Sverre Eldøy

14 Mar, 2017 04:54 PM

Hi!

I have 4 keys. 2 software keys on two different emails. Then I have another two keys - hardware keys - but they have the same email-add as one of the software keys.

If I encrypt with the software key that has no other key using the same email-address it works as expected. But if I try to use the software key that shares the same email-addr as the hardware keys I get an error message complaining that it can't find my smart-card - even though I am trying to use a software key.

Expected
It looks like the fingerprint is irrelevant and that the link is actually in the email-addr itself. Why else would I be prompted for a smartcard when using a software key?

Additional info
This used to work on the old version (I still have this running on my pre Sierra mac). So it's something that I can only reproduce on the beta-thing..

macOS           10.12.3     16D32
GPG Suite       2017.1b2    31b 
GPGMail         2.7b2       1192b
GPG Keychain    1.3.3b1     1249b
GPGServices     1.11        916 
MacGPG2         2.0.30-1b2  887-
GPGPreferences  2.0.2b2     912b
Libmacgpg       0.7         775 
pinentry        0.9.7       4
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 15 Mar, 2017 08:46 PM

Hey Sverre,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

You are running into a known issue for the 10.12 GPGMail beta version:
    https://gpgtools.org/releases/gpgsuite/2017.1b2/pre-release-notes.html

We have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

All the best,
    steve

2. Steve closed this discussion on 24 May, 2017 04:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac