GPGMail: Invalid Signatures when correct

Patrick Stanley

06 Jan, 2017 02:32 PM

Hello, I am running the beta of GPGMail on Sierra. Since installing, every sent email which I have signed shows as having an invalid signature in Mail.app. So, I will compose an email and have it marked as signed using the GPGMail plugin. This can be from any of the 3 different accounts/keys that I use. It asks for my password on my keys, which I provide, and it sends the mail. After I have sent the email, if I go to my sent or all mail folders a blue header appears above the mail I sent stating “ATTENTION: The signature of this message is invalid!” Considering I just sent the message myself, I would not expect this.

Expected
I expect for signed mail that I sent to show as having a valid signature when I look at it later in the sent or all mail folders.

macOS           10.12.2     16C67
GPG Suite       2016.12b1   26b 
GPGMail         2.7b1       1179b
GPG Keychain    1.3.3b1     1249b
GPGServices     1.11        916 
MacGPG2         2.0.30      884 
GPGPreferences  2.0.2b1     908b
Libmacgpg       0.7         775 
pinentry        0.9.7       4
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 21 Jan, 2017 11:16 PM

Hey Patrick,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Thanks for the feedback about GPGMail beta for macOS Sierra 10.12.

We think we fixed the problem you are seeing. Could you please install GPG Suite from our nightlies page and see if the problem then persists.

Please note that old messages showing the incorrect invalid error message will remain broken. So any tests will have to be done with new messages.

Looking forward to your feedback.

All the best,
    steve

2. 2 Posted by Patrick on 23 Jan, 2017 06:20 PM

That seems to have fixed it. Thank you.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Steve on 23 Jan, 2017 06:49 PM

Perfect. Glad, this is solved for you. I'm closing this discussion. Should you need further assistance or have questions you can re-open this discussion here or open a new one any time.

Best, steve

4. Steve closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2017 06:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac