The signature of this message is invalid!

mkonia

06 Jan, 2017 09:18 AM

"This message might have been modified after the signature was created." I do have this problem since version 2016.12b1 What's wrong? Cheers, MIke

1. 1 Posted by Charles Butcher on 09 Jan, 2017 03:19 PM

I have the same issue with the same version ( 2016.12b1 26b). It seems to apply only to outgoing messages. If I send a message to myself, the copy in my "Sent" folder shows the "invalid signature" warning. The copy in my inbox shows up as having been signed correctly.

I can't be confident that the problem is caused by the new beta, because since installing it I've created a new signature (and I'm not very savvy with GPGtools anyway).

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 09 Jan, 2017 05:49 PM

Hi mkonia and Charles,

we have a ticket for this problem. I connected this discussion with the existing ticket. That means, should this discussion get closed, it will be re-opened as soon as the ticket is closed. That way you'll stay in the loop and get notified as soon as we have news. Feel free to open a new discussions should you run into further problems or need assistance.

Could you try dragging the problematic message to your desktop. An .eml file will be created. Double click that file and the mail will open. What signature status do you then see?

All the best,
    steve

3. 3 Posted by Charles Butcher on 09 Jan, 2017 08:39 PM

Thanks Steve, and apologies if I missed another thread (though I didn't see anything else more recent than 2013).

Doing as you suggest, the signature status is fine. Which all gives me confidence that the people I'm writing to won't see the "invalid" message.

Thanks to all the dev team for your hard work on this. Can we help by lobbying Apple for some kind of API that doesn't break every time they upgrade Mail.app?

4. 4 Posted by mkonia on 10 Jan, 2017 07:35 AM

Hi Steve, many thanks for your answer. I can confirm Charles' statement: dragging a signed message to the desktop produces a valid signature.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Steve on 18 Jan, 2017 06:09 PM

Hi mkonieand Charles,

we think we fixed the problem you are seeing. Could you please install GPG Suite from our nightlies page and see if the problem then persists.

Looking forward to your feedback.

All the best,
    steve

6. 6 Posted by mkonia on 18 Jan, 2017 08:04 PM

Problem solved. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Mike

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Steve on 18 Jan, 2017 08:07 PM

Thanks for providing such quick feedback.

Glad, this is solved for you. I'm closing this discussion. Should you need further assistance or have questions you can re-open this discussion here or open a new one any time.

Best, steve

8. Steve closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2017 08:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac