GPGMail (Sierra Beta): All signatures shown as invalid?

Christian Theune

31 Dec, 2016 02:01 PM

I'm relatively sure I didn't break this (and MailMate with regular GPG doesn't seem to have that issue). After installing the beta (big thanks!) I see all messages that are signed (but not encrypted) to show "Invalid signature". Messages that are both encrypted and signed seem fine. What can I provide you with to diagnose this?

1. 1 Posted by Jacob Alford on 01 Jan, 2017 04:13 AM

I have this same problem!

Running MacOS Sierra 10.12.2.

2. 2 Posted by T.S. Westendorp on 02 Jan, 2017 08:44 AM

Same issue here

Also using https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/ you should be able to test GPG implementation, but as response I'm receiving that my message couldn't be verified because the pub key wasn't found.

3. 3 Posted by Jerico Moeyerso... on 02 Jan, 2017 04:10 PM

Same issue here:
    "CAUTION: The message is possibly changed after the signature has been made"

4. 4 Posted by David Pollard on 04 Jan, 2017 12:40 PM

Signing messages outbound ( when I only have a single cert ) arrives showing as signed. However in my sent items, it shows as above as "CAUTION: The message is possibly changed after the signature has been made".

I have multiple accounts in mail, each with it's own cert. All hosted by Google ( one's a gmail, others are domains that use Google For Business

5. 5 Posted by mark.wallace on 04 Jan, 2017 06:53 PM

6. 6 Posted by davidcwest on 05 Jan, 2017 01:13 PM

Also seeing this issue with one user. Happy to provide logs or anything else if needed.
    @mark.wallace your link goes to the gpgmail not working with 10.12, we are talking about a bug in the beta for 10.12 here....

7. 7 Posted by mark.wallace on 05 Jan, 2017 03:51 PM

@davidcwest - I think I am running the beta. Here's my "about":

8. 8 Posted by davidcwest on 05 Jan, 2017 03:53 PM

I was only meaning the link you have there that says this is a known issue points to the forum post about not upgrading to 10.12 if you must have gpgmail. Which is not related to this issue.

9. 9 Posted by CW on 05 Jan, 2017 03:58 PM

I have the same issue, looking at messages I've signed in my Sent folder. I wondered if it was due to me using the MailButler plugin, which delays sending of messages. But it sounds as if many people are experiencing the same issue.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Steve on 21 Jan, 2017 11:22 PM

Hey Christian and all,

welcome to the GPGTools support platform. Sorry you are having problems using GPG Suite.

Thanks for the feedback about GPGMail beta for macOS Sierra 10.12.

We think we fixed the problem you are seeing. Could you please install GPG Suite from our nightlies page and see if the problem then persists.

Please note that old messages showing the incorrect invalid error message will remain broken. So any tests will have to be done with new messages.

Looking forward to your feedback.

All the best,
    steve

11. 11 Posted by Christian Theun... on 22 Jan, 2017 07:36 AM

This looks much better. I do have a couple of mails that I forwarded that are shown as invalid, but I guess those are probably true negatives.

12. 12 Posted by mark.wallace on 23 Jan, 2017 07:26 PM

This seems to have fixed my problem. Thank you.

Mark

13. 13 Posted by davidcwest on 24 Jan, 2017 11:05 AM

Bit confused, does the beta 2 also fix this? The release notes seem to say they do. So should we grab the new beta or the nightly?

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Steve on 24 Jan, 2017 11:15 AM

b2 was released yesterday and includes the fix. Please test the beta Suite which should also be offered via auto-updates / update check.

15. 15 Posted by davidcwest on 24 Jan, 2017 11:28 AM

OK, perfect, thanks Steve

16. 16 Posted by mark.wallace on 24 Jan, 2017 05:29 PM

b2 was just offered to me via auto-update. I installed it, and the fix is still fixed (that is, no problems with signing messages).

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Steve on 02 Feb, 2017 05:51 PM

Perfect. Glad, this is solved for you. I'm closing this discussion. Should you need further assistance or have questions you can re-open this discussion here or open a new one any time.

Best, steve

18. Steve closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2017 05:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac