GPGmail prompts for passphrase repeatedly now

Paul Koning

06 Oct, 2015 05:35 PM

GPGMail V2.5.2.

I have passphrase storage in Apple's Key Ring turned OFF. I'm used to being asked for a given key passphrase once, then GPGMail remembers that for a while (the Preferences setting says 600 seconds, presumably the default because I don't remember changing it).

In previous releases, GPGMail would recognize that several messages use the same key, and only ask me once. It would only prompt me for a new passphrase if I received a message encrypted with a different key (I have two in regular use), or after the timeout.

As of V2.5.2, often -- or possibly always, I haven't been able to make sure -- GPGMail prompts me for the same key over and over if I have a sequence of messages all encrypted with that same key. Since I often get a sequence of encrypted messages from one or two people, this is rather inconvenient. And I don't want to have Apple store my GPG keys.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 07 Oct, 2015 02:48 PM

Hi Paul,

can you re-install GPG Suite 2015.09 from our homepage and let us know if the issue persists after that? If so, could you please create a screenshot of GPGPreferences and at least two of the pinnetry queries.

All the best,
    steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 10 Feb, 2016 12:46 PM

Closing, since no further user feedback was received. Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best, steve

3. Steve closed this discussion on 10 Feb, 2016 12:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac