Decrypt Failed! (No secret key)

reeves.smith08

06 Aug, 2015 10:32 AM

• hope this is ok to add on - it seems the same. This is for email gpg: public key decryption failed: Operation cancelled
    gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

This was working for me, on my Mac until about 45 minutes ago. All the previous emails are un-decryptable. I'm on the most current version. I have 2 key sets. one for my gmail, one for business email.

R

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 06 Aug, 2015 10:34 AM

Hi Reeves,

we've split your comment into a separate discussion. As it turns out, the fastest way to get problems solved is on a per user basis.

Let's try to pin down where your problems are deriving from. For further investigations could you please provide a few more details.

• Copy all version info as described in this KB-article

• What are you trying to do and which steps are you taking to achieve that? At which step are you seeing the issue?

1. Step 1
    2. Step 2
    3. ...

• What are you expecting instead:

Please post any error messages as screenshots in jpg format. Provide as much detail as possible.

Attach .png or .jpg screenshots of error messages or steps leading to this problem.

That information will help us to find an entry point for hunting down this problem.

So you have 2 sec/pub keys in GPG Keychain or more? And you have two mail accounts in mail.app > preferences > accounts?

Did you double check the mail addresses perfectly do match and there is no type or capitalization problem at hand?

Best regards, Steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 26 Nov, 2015 11:21 PM

Closing, since no further user feedback was received. Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best, steve

3. Steve closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2015 11:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac