<encrypted> in quoted emails

sam

29 May, 2015 01:35 PM

GPGMail 1.5b6 build 771b

When others reply, the quoted text is simply "" (searching the knowledge base for this term wasn't helpful).

Probably related, sending attachments results in a message which isn't readable (even in the same software) at the other end. Thunderbird/Engimail users have to save the email to disc, and then decrypt it using command line tools (apparently; there are probably other ways) - but it doesn't work in their mail client.

What did you expect instead

Emails I send be readable in the recepient's (GPG capable, ) mail client.

Describe steps leading to the problem.

Send an email with an attachment.

other plugins: forgetmenot

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Steve on 22 Jul, 2015 01:51 PM

Hi Sam,

sorry for not responding earlier. Do I understand correctly that you are seeing two separate issues?

You are probably already on OS X 10.10.4 (final) and GPG Suite 2015 06 (stable)? If not, I would suggest to update your system to those releases.

As for the reply issue: could you please send a test mail to team @ gpgtools.org including a description of the problem and a link to this discussion here. We'll then reply and you can attach the received reply to this discussion, should it show the faulty structure you mentioned.

As for the attachment problem: please include an attachment in your test mail so we can check if that mail is readable for us.

All the best,
    steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Steve on 26 Nov, 2015 10:51 PM

Closing, since no further user feedback was received. Should your problem persist, feel free to re-open this discussion any time.

All the best, steve

3. Steve closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2015 10:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac